Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Meditative State

What a crazy society we live in, where the only way we are able to relax is when we pay someone $20 an hour to tell us we can. Otherwise known as yoga, which was the best way to start my weekend this morning. Maybe it was the extended shavasana that the instructor gifted us with today ("What a tense lot you all are this morning," she exclaimed near the end of class), but while coffee-ing with my 6 month pregnant friend afterwards, I really felt a peace that I haven't felt much since the second miscarriage. This will happen for me, I found myself thinking. Of course it will. So things haven't gone according to plan so far. Life is unpredictable, and I am certainly not the first woman of child-bearing age to stress and worry about having a baby. My friend's grandma had six miscarriages. Can you imagine it? Six. Then she had two healthy babies. I am trying so hard to put this in perspective. Life goes on, and I will have a baby someday.

No comments: