I just made plans to get together with a close friend on Saturday--who is 6 months pregnant. I haven't seen her since she was about 15 weeks, and she thoughtfully was donning a bulky sweater that hid any emerging bump. She and I got pregnant (me for the second time, her for the first) the same month, and were thrilled to be due just days apart. Now the thought of seeing her makes my heart ache with the unfairness of it all, but I can't alienate all my pregnant friends. Can I? I'd be pretty much left with my college roommate who thinks having babies is lame, and my best gay guy friend.
It's that stage of life, I guess--everywhere I turn I'm reminded over and over again about my own failure to sustain a pregnancy, and I feel so, so alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment