Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Feel Better For Being Proactive

My newest theory as to why I have miscarried twice is that I have a luteal phase defect. I've been charting my ovulation for the past three months, and the number of days between ovulation and menstruation have been between 8 and 11. This seems short, based on everything that I've read (and I have read obsessively!). So I made an appointment with my doctor for next Tuesday, hoping that she will come to same conclusion when she looks at my cycles that I've so carefully charted with a spreadsheet. If she doesn't, I am definitely not above the old, "I'm not a doctor, but...have you considered this?" I'm sure it's annoying for doctors when patients come in having self-diagnosed, but seriously, doctors can't know everything. And if I don't advocate for myself, I don't see who else will. I just want to make sure I've done everything I possibly can do--I can't think of anything worse than having a third miscarriage that could have been prevented had I been a bit more aggressive in trying to figure out what's going on.

No comments: