Yeah, so I wasn't pregnant last cycle. After several frustrated calls to the nurse ("No, the Prometrium won't interfere with your period," then, "Stop the Prometrium when you get your period," then, "How late are you? Well, yes, the Prometrium can make your period late," to, "Three days late, no positive pregnancy test, no period? Stop the Prometrium, it must be keeping your body from bleeding.") I felt incredibly discouraged at best, downright deceived at worst. I hate the Prometrium for tricking my body into thinking it was pregnant when it wasn't. My Easter was horrible, crying during church and the whole works.
But after a few days of being really, really disappointed, I bounced back again, and this time seemingly higher than I've been since before the second miscarriage. The sonohystogram yesterday revealed a bicornuate uterus, which my doctor said could possibly have contributed to my miscarriages, but wasn't anything I should worry about. Of course I googled it and found terrifying post after terrifying post about bicornuate uteruses (uteri?) and miscarriage. But I'm going to trust my doctor and hope that she knows what she's talking about when she told me not to worry. Maybe mine is really, really mild.
Anyway, on the plus side the ultrasound also revealed a perfect follicle at 25mm, ready to burst imminently. "Go home and have sex NOW!" was my doctor's prescription. I already knew I was ovulating; that has never been in question. But it's early this month, and I actually hadn't even started my ovulation testing. So I would have missed it this month were it not for the ultrasound! Starting popping the Prometrium last night. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment